NFT Inc. is based in Mountain View, CA and developer of the ASKA™ – the first viable Electric Vertical Take-off and Landing vehicle (eVTOL) in the world with drive and fly capabilities, providing door to door transport for daily commuters and designed with a reasonable cost factor. The ASKA has both vertical and short takeoff and landing capabilities (VTOL and STOL).
The position: Senior Aerodynamics Engineer to optimize the aerodynamic characteristics and the aeronautical design of ASKA™ vehicle for flight. This is a Team Leader position and requires a minimum of 8 years experience.
Location: On-site position in Mountain View.
Strongly prefer aerodynamics engineering experience with eVTOLs/VTOLs/Drones.
Excellent technical, research and analytical capabilities. You'll thrive as a hands-on person who has experience leading and collaborating with a multidisciplinary engineering team (mechanical, electronic, propulsion and software).
Minimum of 8 years of aerodynamics engineering work experience in a similar role.
Will consider a visa transfer for the right candidate who is already living in the U.S.
NO RELOCATION TO CALIFORNIA IS OFFERED, NO EXCEPTIONS.
On the job
● Provide technical leadership to ensure optimal aerodynamic performance.
● Support design of the ASKA™ through all phases of aerodynamic aeronautical design analyses to integration and test activities
● Experience partnering with a multidisciplinary engineering team, including mechanical, electronic, propulsion and software disciplines
● Generate, develop, and validate novel airflow management features and systems.
● Prepare Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulations, post-process the results, and communicate the learning to other groups.
● Prepare for and conduct flight tests.
What you’ll need
Education: You have completed a Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree in aerospace engineering and have relevant experience in aerodynamic design and optimization for aircraft.
Under-graduates/graduate students: we sincerely appreciate your interest, but this is a team leader position and requires a minimum of 8 years post-graduate industry work experience.
● Strong understanding of fluid dynamics for aircraft.
● Background in S/VTOL aircraft design is desired.
● Excellent knowledge of CFD, using either continuum or Lattice-Boltzmann methods.
● Experience with FUN3D and/or OpenFOAM is strongly desired.
● Knowledge of surface mesh preparation using snappyHexMesh, and/or AFLR3 would be an advantage.
● Familiarity with geometry creation, simplification and data management using CAD 3D Systems software, preferably CATIA.
● Experience with wind tunnel testing, either at model scale or full scale.
● Experience with flight testing, including instrumentation, data acquisition and processing.
● Experience in sustainable energy or related technologies, aircraft or electric vehicle development.
ASKA™ is on an exciting journey skyward – NFT has signed a five-year Space Act Agreement with NASA to advance our participation in NASA’s Advanced Air Mobility Campaign, jointly organized with the FAA. If you want to work with cutting edge technologies and experts in future mobility, you are in the right place!